Different Outcomes Depending on Indication
John R. Horn, PharmD, FCCP and Philip D. Hansten, PharmD
1. Harris WS, Schoenfeld CD, Brooks RH, Weissler AM. Effect of beta adrenergic blockade on the hemodynamic responses to epinephrine in man. Am J Cardiol. 1966;17:484-492.
2. Houben HG, Thien T, van Õt Laar A. Effect of low-dose epinephrine infusion on hemodynamics after selective and nonselective β-blockade in hypertension. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1982;31:685-690.
3. Johnsson G. Influence of metoprolol and propranolol on hemodynamic effects induced by adrenaline and physical work. Acta Pharamcol et Toxicol. 1975:36(suppl. V):59-68.
4. Dzubow LM. The interaction between propranolol and epinephrine as observed in patients undergoing MohsÕ surgery. J Am Acad Dermatol. 1986;15:71-75.
5. Foster CA, Aston SJ. Propranolol-epinephrine interaction: a potential disaster. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1983;72:74-78.
6. Hansbrough JF, Near A. Propranolol-epinephrine antagonism with hypertension and stroke. Ann Intern Med. 1982;92:717.
7. Greenberger PA. Fatal and near-fatal anaphylaxis: factors that can worsen or contribute to fatal outcomes. Immunol Allergy Clin N Am. 2015;35:375-386.