Statins and OATP Interactions
John R. Horn, PharmD, FCCP and Philip D. Hansten, PharmD
1. Horn JR and Hansten PD. Be on the alert for increasing drug interactions with statins. Pharmacy Times. 2006;72(June):20.
2. Niemi M et al. Organic anion transporting polypeptide 1b1: a genetically polymorphic transporter of major importance for hepatic drug uptake. Pharmacol Rev. 2011;63:157-81.
3. Ichimaru N et al. Changes in lipid metabolism and effect of simvastatin in renal transplant recipients induced by cyclosporine or tacrolimus. Atherosclerosis. 2001;158:417-423.
4. Pasanen MK et al. SLCO1B1 polymorphism markedly affects the pharmacokinetics of simvastatin acid. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2006;16:873-879.
5. Backman JT et al. Plasma concentrations of active simvastatin acid are increased by gemfibrozil. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2000;68:122-129 ().
6. The SEARCH collaborative group. SLCO1B1 variants and statin-induced myopathy – a genome wide study. New Engl J Med.2008;359:789-99.
7. Whitfield LR et al. Effect of gemfibrozil and fenofibrate on the pharmacokinetics of atorvastatin. J Clin Pharmacol. 2011;51:378-388.