Myopathy from Colchicine and Statins
1. Hsu W-C, et al. Colchicine-induced acute myopathy in a patient with concomitant use of simvastatin. Clin Neuropharmacol. 2002;25:266-268.
2. Baker SK, et al. Cytoskeletal myotoxicity from simvastatin and colchicine. Muscle Nerve 2004;30:799-802.
3. Justiniano M, et al. Rapid onset of muscle weakness (Rhabdomyolysis) associated with the combind use of simvastatin and colchicine. J Clin Rheumatol 2007;13:266-268.
4. Sahin G, et al. Which statin should be used together with colchicine? Clinical experience in three patients with nephritic syndrome due to AA type amyloidosis. Rheumatol Int 2008;28:289-291.
5. Francis L, et al. Fatal toxic myopathy attributed to propofol, methylprednisolone, and cyclosporine after prior exposure to colchicine and simvastatin. Clin Rheumatol 2008;27:129-131.
6. Abdurrahman T, et al. Rhabdomyolysis in a patient treated with colchicine and atorvastatin. Ann Pharmacother. 2006;40:1466-1469.
7. Sahin G, et al. Which statin should be used together with colchicine? Clinical experience in three patients with nephritic syndrome due to AA type amyloidosis. Rheumatol Int. 2008;28:289-291
8. Phanish MK, et al. Colchicine-induced rhabdomyolysis. Am J Med 2003;114:166-167 Letter;
9. Vasudevan AR, et al. Colchicine-induced rhabdomyolysis: the whole is greater than the sum of its parts! Am J Med 2003;115:249 Letter.
10. Torgovnick J, et al. Colchicine and HMG Co-A reductase inhibitors induced myopathy—a case report. NeutoToxicology 2006;27:1126-1127. Letter.
11. Atasoyu EM, et al. Possible colchicine rhabdomyolysis in a fluvastatin-treated patient. Ann Pharmacother 2005;39:1368-1369 Letter.
12. Sarullo FM, et al. Rhabdomyolysis induced by co-administration of fluvastatin and colchicine. Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 2010;74:147-149.
13. Alayi G, et al. Acute myopathy in a patient with concomitant use of pravastatin and colchicine. Ann Pharmaother 2005;39:1358-1361.
14. Bouqui R, et al. Colchicine-induced rhabdomyolysis in a heart/lung transplant patient with concurrent use of cyclosporine, pravastatin, and azithromycin. J Clin Rheumatol 2011;17:28-30.
15. Booonmuang P, et al. Characterization of statin-associated myopathy case reports in Thailand using the health product vigilance center database. Drug Saf. 2013;36:779-787.
16. Siriangkhawut M et al. Prevalence of potential drug interactions in This patients receiving simvastatin: the causality assessment of mulculoskeletal adverse events induced by statin interaction. Saudi Pharm J. 2017;25:823-829.