Drug – Disease – Drug Interaction
John R. Horn, PharmD, FCCP and Philip D. Hansten, PharmD
1. Aitken AE, Richardson TA, Morgan ET. Regulation of drug-metabolizing enzymes and transporters in inflammation. Annu Rev Pharmacol. Toxicol. 2006;46:123-49.
2. Kulmatycki KM and Jamali F. Drug disease interactions: role of inflammatory mediators in disease and variability in drug response. J Pharm Sci. 2005;8:602-625.
3. Aiken AE and Morgan ET. Gene-specific effects of inflammatory cytokines on cytochrome P450 2C, 2B6 and 3A4 mRNA levels in human hepatocytes. Drug Metab Dispos. 2007;35:1687–1693.
4. Schmitt C, Kuhn B, Zhang X, et al. Disease-drug-drug interaction involving tocilizumab and simvastatin in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2011;89:735-40.
5. Terao K, Tsuru T, Suzaki M et al. Drug-disease interaction study of tocilizumab in patients with rheumatoid arthritis – IL-6 signal inhibition normalized cytochrome P-450 enzymes expression which was reduced by inflammation. Internat J Rheum Dis. 2010;13(Suppl 1):100.