John R. Horn, PharmD, FCCP and Philip D. Hansten, PharmD
1. Brilinta. [package insert]. Wilmington; DE AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP, 2016.
2. Horn JR and Hansten, PD. Drug Interactions Where Both Drugs are Affected. Pharmacy Times. 2017;79(November):28.
3. Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Clin Pharm and Biopharm Review. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/nda/2011/022433Orig1s000ClinPharmR.pdf
4. Marsousi N, Samer CF, Fontana P et al. Coadministration of ticagrelor and ritonavir: toward prospective dose adjustment to maintain an optimal platelet inhibition using the PBPK approach. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2016;100:295-304.
5. Holmberg MT, Tornio A, Joutsi-Korhonen L, et al. Grapefruit juice markedly increases the plasma concentration and antiplatelet effects of ticagrelor in healthy subjects. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2012;75:1488-96.
6. Weeks P, Sieg A, Vahdat K et al. Improved ticagrelor antiplatelet effect on discontinuation of phenytoin. Ann Pharmacother. 2014;48:644-7.
7. Pourdjabbar A, Bibbert B, Chong, A-Y, et al. A pharmacodynamic analysis for the co-administration of inducers of CYP3A4 with ticagrelor: a cautionary tale in managing patients with acute coronary syndromes. Int J Cardiol. 2016;214:423-5 (Letter).