References for Warfarin-Ginseng Pharmacy Times Article:
1. Yuan C-S, et al. Brief communication: American ginseng reduces warfarinÕs effect in healthy patients. A randomized, controlled trial. Ann Intern Med. 2004;141:23-27.
2. Janetzky K, Morreale AP. Probable interaction between warfarin and ginseng. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 1997;54:692-3.
3. Rosado MF. Thrombosis of a prosthetic aortic valve disclosing a hazardous interaction between warfarin and a commercial ginseng product. Cardiology. 3002;99:111.
4. Jiang X et al. Effect of St. JohnÕs wort and ginseng on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of warfarin in healthy subjects. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2004;57:592-599.
5. Anderson GD et al. Drug interaction potential of soy extract and Panax ginseng. J Clin Pharmacol. 2003;43:643-648.
6. Gurley BJ et al.Cytochrome P450 phenotypic ratios for predicting herb-drug interactions in humans. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2002;72:276-287.