Customization of Drug Interaction Software: Caution is Warranted
John R. Horn, PharmD, FCCP and Philip D. Hansten, PharmD
1. Smithburger PL et al. Drug-Drug Interactions in Cardiac and Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Units. An Analysis of Patients in an Academic Medical Centre in the US. Drug Saf. 2010;33:879-888.
2. Horn JR et al. Customizing Clinical Decision Support to Prevent Excessive Drug-Drug Interaction Alerts. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2011;68:662-664.
3. Cash JJ. Alert Fatigue. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2009;66:2098-2101.
4. Weingart SN et al. PhysicianÕs Decisions to Override Computerized Drug Alerts in Primary Care. Arch Intern Med. 2003;163:2625-2631.
5. Issac T et al. Overrides of Medication Alerts in Ambulatory Care. Arch Intern Med. 2009;169:305-311.