Interactions Involving Drugs That Prolong the QTc Interval: What is the Risk?
John R. Horn, PharmD, FCCP and Philip D. Hansten, PharmD
1. Horn JR and Hansten PD. Drug Interactions and QT interval Prolongation. Pharmacy Times, December 2004, 66.
2. Honig PK et al., Terfenadine-ketoconazole interaction: pharmacokinetic and electrocardiographic consequences. JAMA. 1993;269:1513-8.
3. Harrigan EP et al. A randomized evaluation of the effects of six antipsychotic agents on QTc, in the absence and presence of metabolic inhibition. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2004;24:62-9.
4. Charbit B et al. Droperidol and ondansetron-induced QT interval prolongation. Anesthesiology. 2008;109:206-12.
5. Ducroq J et al. Additive effects of ziprasidone and d,l-sotalol on the action potential in rabbit purkinje fibres and on the herg potassium current. J Pharmacol Toxicol Meth. 2005;52:115-22.
6. Margulis M et al. Additive effects of combined application of multiple herg blockers. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2008;51:549-52.