Old Drug Interactions Harming New Patients
John R. Horn, PharmD, FCCP, and Philip Hansten, PharmD
1. McConnell PJ. The $181,000 adverse drug reaction. Hospital Pharmacy. 2004;39:648-652.
2. Nies AS, Oates JA. Clinicopathologic conference: hypertension and the lupus syndrome—revisited. Am J Med. 1971;51:812-814.
3. Venkat Raman G et al. Azathioprine and allopurinol: a potentially dangerous combination. J Intern Med. 1990;228:69-71.
4. Kennedy DT et al. Azathioprine and allopurinol: the price of an avoidable drug interaction. Ann Pharmacother. 1996;30:951-54.
5. Cummins D et al. Myelosuppression associated with azathioprine-allopurinol interaction after heart and lung transplantation. Transplantation. 1997;15:1370-71.