Oatmeal: Good for your heart, or maybe not?
John R. Horn, PharmD, FCCP and Philip D. Hansten, PharmD
1. Lanoxin, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC, 2006.
2. Johnson BF et al. The effect of dietary fiber on the bioavailability of digoxin in capsules. J Clin Pharmacol. 1987;27:487-90.
3. Woods MN et al. Lack of effect of bran on digoxin absorption. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1979;26:21-3.
4. Kasper H et al. The effect of dietary fiber on postprandial serum digoxin concentration in man. Am J Clin Nutr. 1979;32:2436-8.
5. Nordstrom M et al. Influence of wheat bran and of a bulk-forming ispaghula cathartic on the bioavailability of digoxin in geriatric in-patients. Drug Nutr Interact. 1987;5:67-9.
6. Reissell et al. Effect of administration of activated charcoal and fibre on absorption, excretion and steady state blood levels of digoxin and digitoxin. Acta Med Scand. 1982:Suppl. 668:88-90.