John R. Horn, PharmD and Philip D. Hansten, PharmD
1. Collins R et al. Blood pressure, stroke, and coronary heart disease. Part 2. Short-term reductions in blood pressure: overview of randomized drug trials in their epidemiological context. Lancet. 1990;335:827-838.
2. Polonia J. Interaction of antihypertensive drugs with anti-inflammatory drugs. Cardiology. 1997;88 Suppl 3:47-51.
3. Johnson AG et al. Do nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs affect blood pressure? A meta-analysis. Ann Intern Med. 1994;121:289-300.
4. Pope JE et al. A meta-analysis of the effects of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on blood pressure. Arch Intern Med. 1993;153:477-484.
5. Meune C et al. Interaction between angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and aspirin: a review. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2000;56:609-620.
6. Houston MC. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and antihypertensives. Am J Med. 1991;90(5A):42s-47s.
7. Heerdink ER et al. NSAIDs associated with increased risk of congestive heart failure in elderly patients taking diuretics. Arch Intern Med. 1998;158:1108-1112.